Targeting Problem Behaviors and Implementing Effective Strategies in the Classroom
Donna Schulman, MS, OTR/L, narrates this 1-hour webinar that gives information for therapists, parents, teachers, counselors, and other professionals who provide services to children with special needs in schools. Information is presented on how to specifically identify problem behaviors and how to determine whether or not problem behaviors are sensory based, behaviorally based, or both. The interoceptive system, a system that is sometimes overlooked, is discussed along with the other sensory systems. Participants view several videos showing strategies being used in the classroom with actual students!
- Identify specific problem behaviors.
- Observe, identify, and discuss behaviors that are sensory based.
- Explain the role of interoceptors and how they impact behavior.
- Use a sensory and behavioral plan to determine appropriate strategies for improving problem behaviors.
- Observe and identify behavioral antecedents.
- Observe and identify primary and secondary reinforcers (productive and nonproductive) that may be occurring after a problem behavior.
- Utilize several practical strategies in the classroom to change or extinguish problem behaviors.
Target Audience: introductory- to intermediate-level information for therapists, parents, teachers, counselors, and other professionals
Course Instructor: Donna Schulman, MS, OTR/L, has been an occupational therapist since 1991. She has a Masters Degree in Psychology and is a member of the American Occupational Therapy Association.
The speaker receives payment for each webinar purchased but does not have any other financial or nonfinancial interest in the presentation.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or one contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Florida OTs and OTAs
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-593040. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
For information on refund, course completion requirements, special needs requests, and more, please visit https://goo.gl/HpazjE.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.