Apps to Support Weak Executive Functioning in Children and Teens
Children and teens with poor Executive Functions often benefit from technology to help with time orientation, organization of thoughts and materials, and for tracking progress in multiple areas of life. This 1-hour webinar looks at 10–15 of the most widely used apps to support children with weak internal systems of time, space, and emotional regulation.
- Identify three major areas of daily living effected by weak executive skills.
- Discuss how apps can be used to support or supplant other forms of supports (when and how to best introduce the use of technology supports).
- Establish a base knowledge of apps for different ages and needs.
- Build a “go-to” collection of technological supports for children and teens to help with time orientation, self-regulation of emotions, and for organization of materials and data.
- Summarize how to help an individual identify the supports that will most likely move them towards increased independence.
Target Audience: introductory- to advanced-level occupational therapists and other professionals and parents working with children and teens with Executive Functioning challenges
Course Instructor: Lori Benson Adams, MEd, is an educational intervention specialist and owner of Breakthrough Learning Solutions in Atlanta, Georgia. With over 35 years of experience with students experiencing sensory, learning, behavioral, and executive function challenges, Lori presents nationally to audiences of parents, therapists, and educators. She is known for her immediately practical information and wealth of knowledge and resources. Additional information can be found at www.breakthroughlearningsolutions.com.
The speaker receives payment for each webinar purchased but does not have any other financial or nonfinancial interest in the presentation.
Post-Test: Before receiving a certificate, learners must take an objective post-test to demonstrate they acquired the learning outcomes. An attestation statement is included indicating the learner viewed the entire course and completed the post-test independently. A passing grade is ≥ 70%.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
This course is approved for 0.1 AOTA CEU or 1 contact hour under this Classification Code: Category 2, OT Process: Intervention.
Florida OTs and OTAs
Sensational Brain LLC is an approved CE provider for the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy. Our CE Broker tracking number is 50-20546. This course code is 20-567183. CEUs are uploaded weekly. Please provide your license information with your post-test.
For information on refund, course completion requirements, special needs requests, and more, please visit https://goo.gl/HpazjE.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.