Fortunately, our society is now recognizing the signs and symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) and has made great strides in the treatment of these children. But many adults live with sensory processing issues that either went undiagnosed throughout their childhoods or were misdiagnosed as ADHD, anxiety, depression, or mild autism. Many have spent their lives knowing life is more difficult for them than it seems to be for everyone else but not knowing what to do about it.
Is there hope for these adults? Yes! One great book written specifically for adults with SPD is Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight by Sharon Heller (New York: Harper, 2002). Also consider SensationalBrain.com membership.
What is included in the membership fee?
- BrainWorks Online: Print visual sensory diet tools, helpful forms, and activity picture cards from our web-based product. For more information click here: BrainWorks Online.
- Occasional newsletters: Receive highlights from new research and helpful strategies to get the most out of your sensational brain.
- Online access: Access a wealth of research related to sensory processing and the using sensory strategies.
- Online questions and answers: Ask Gwen Wild, the creator of BrainWorks, about sensory issues. She is an experienced occupational therapist, certified in sensory integration, and a nationwide speaker on the topic of creating effective sensory diets.
- Forms and templates: Download forms and templates useful to professionals, parents, and individuals to address sensory needs. Forms include sensory checklists to determine an individual’s sensory needs, accommodation checklists, information packets to give teachers, and much more. Templates are available for data tracking to determine the effectiveness of sensory strategies and for creating a variety of visual sensory diet tools.
Choose the option that is right for you and get signed up today! Click here to view membership options.